Electrical Repairs for Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Jupiter, Palm Beach, Pembroke Pines, and Wellington
Do you need electrical repairs in your house? Older homes in Palm Beach County including the Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Jupiter and Wellington area should be on the lookout for some of the signs below. Homeowners in Broward, including Pembroke Pines, can also benefit by knowing the signs of impending electrical repairs. Some repairs can be as simple as fixing minor issues, but most require immediate attention for safety reasons including burning, electrocution and more.
6 Warning Signs for Electrical Repairs
- Buzzing Sound – No, you aren’t going crazy. It’s common to hear a buzzing noise coming from outlets and electrical devices in need of repair. This could be due to loosened The current will have to be checked and electrical repairs are mostly likely warranted.
- Lights That Dim or Flicker – We’ll admit this can be annoying and slightly reminiscent of a horror movie. This is often the case with moveable lights and recessed lighting. If you’re experiencing flickering throughout your home, it could be a sign of a larger problem and the circuit maybe overloaded.
- Electrical Shocks – Electrical Shocks can be a serious health risk if strong enough. This can be prevented. If you’re experiencing electrical shocks from your outlets you should have them checked by a professional immediately.
- Blown Fuses – While blown fuses are becoming less common, they can occur if you have recently installed new appliances or increased the load in an older home. While the occasional blown fuse isn’t something to be alarmed by, recurring blown fuses may be a sign of overloaded circuits requiring electrical repairs.
- Burning Smell – This warning should not be ignored. It could be a sign of overheating and may lead to a fire. This sign is occasionally accompanied by the smell of burning plastic, any burning smell should be an immediate warning to unplug any cords from the affected outlet and turn off the switch connected to the smell.
- Slack Outlets – Slack outlets usually happen over time as a result of heavy usage. Although common, this outlet condition shouldn’t be ignored. Please remember, if you have to wiggle a plug to get it to work, you might be risking fire or injury.
No one knows your home like you do. Chances are you know your house well enough to know when plugs, circuits, and outlets aren’t working like they used to. Remember to check your outlets and circuits on a routine basis. Don’t risk injury or fire. Call Kasper Electric as soon as possible for reliable electrical repairs. We work from 8 am to 8 pm every day to serve our customers. Kasper Electric is the most highly rated electrical company in Palm Beach County from Jupiter to Delray Beach and in Boynton Beach and Wellington. Kasper Electric also serves select cities in Broward County including Pembroke Pines.
Back to blog home